Microsoft Teams is a collaboration and team productivity application available to all eligible Penn faculty, staff, and students as part of the PennO365 suite. Teams supports synchronous video conferencing, chat, file sharing, and integrated calendaring to name a few. Teams is supported via the web, desktop app, and mobile devices (see downloads).
Join a Teams Meeting from Outlook
When you schedule a Teams meeting, or when someone else schedules a meeting with you in Teams, it will automatically add an Outlook calendar invite to all participants' calendars. You can join the meeting from Outlook.
- Open your Outlook calendar
- Click to open the event window
- Click on the Join button to launch the Teams meeting
Join a Meeting Directly from Teams
You can also join any meeting from directly within the Teams app because it is fully integrated with Outlook.
- Open the Teams app
- Click on the Calendar icon in the left sidebar
- Click to open event window
- Click the Join button to launch the meeting