Your PennO365 Credentials
Your PennO365 account is a Microsoft account that provides access to Microsoft Office 365 services and applications, including a full version of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, Teams, and more).
Your PennO365 login name uses the format PennKey@upenn.edu:
- Correct: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Incorrect: benfranklin1749
- Incorrect: email@example.com
During the account activation process, you will be required to set a separate password to use PennO365. You will need this password to access and download any of the Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus services and applications.
*Important: To protect personal and University information, your password for your PennO365 account must be different from your PennKey password.
Activate your PennO365 account
(Not sure if you are eligible for a Penn O365 account? Check your eligibility here.)
1. Set your PennO365 password (if you already have a PennO365 account and password, skip to step 2).
- Log in with your PennKey and password to access the PennO365 Password Set/Reset page: https://office365.password.isc.upenn.edu.
- Enter the password you’d like to set for your PennO365 account twice. (Remember: your password for your PennO365 account must be different from your PennKey password.)
- Click Reset Password.
- Your PennO365 password is now set. It will take three minutes for this password to sync, so if you are having difficulty logging in to your PennO365 account, wait a moment and then try again.
2. Go to the Microsoft online portal: https://outlook.com/upenn.edu.
3. Log in with your PennO365 username and password.
4. Click Enter and continue to the Microsoft online portal. You may see a message that your OneDrive account is being set up. This one-time set-up usually happens within a day but may take longer. You can close your browser, do other work, and return later without interrupting the process.
5. From the Microsoft online portal, you can:
Have issues activating your account? Please submit a support ticket with GSE IT.