Use Integrations to Streamline Class Workflows
Canvas, Zoom, and Panopto (called "Class Recordings") are all integrated to
- Enable instructors to schedule Zoom meetings without using their personal Zoom accounts, and
- Automatically send Zoom recordings to the Canvas Class Recordings tool
Instructors: Schedule Zoom class sessions via the Canvas Zoom tool & enable the Class Recordings tool
Why? To make your life easier!
- Zoom recordings are automatically transferred to Class Recordings in Canvas.
- The instructor's personal Zoom account is no longer tied to the class session. (This is a good thing.)
- It is quick and easy to add TAs and alternative hosts to the meeting.
Note: Zoom course recordings tied to personal instructor accounts will be automatically deleted after 120 days (i.e. course Zoom meetings not created in Canvas sites). It will be the instructor's responsibility to download and manage recordings for students.
Sneak peek of Zoom in Canvas
- In order to use the integration, you must have a Penn Zoom account. Visit upenn.zoom.us/signin and log in with your PennKey and password
- Teaching assistants, co-teachers, and students will also need to setup their Penn Zoom accounts by logging in through upenn.zoom.us/signin.
- In your Canvas site, both Class Recordings and Zoom must be enabled.