Migrating from Outlook to Gmail
Created by: Tim Emgushov
Modified on: Wed, 12 Aug, 2020 at 6:22 PM
How to move your Outlook email to your Gmail account
- In your Gmail account page, select the Settings button in the upper right of the page (it looks like a gear icon).
- Tap Settings
- At the top of the Settings page, select the Accounts and Import tab.
- In the Import mail and contacts section, select Import mail and contacts.
- A window will open and ask you What account do you want to import from? Type your Outlook.com email address and select Continue.
- Another window will open with some information. Click Continue.
- In the next window, you'll confirm permissions for Gmail to access your Outlook account. Review the terms and click Yes to continue, and then close the Authentication successful screen.
In the window labeled Step 2: Import options, select the options you want. These are:
- Import contacts.
- Import mail.
- Import new mail for next 30 days — messages you receive at your Outlook.com address will be sent to your Gmail inbox automatically for a month
- Select Start import and then click OK.
The import process can take a while, even a couple of days, depending on how many emails and contacts you are importing.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.