7 Things Faculty & Staff Need to Know
A PennKey username and password is required to access many of Penn's online resources and services. Your PennKey is unique and you should with anyone.
- Setup your PennKey
- Enroll in PennKey two-step verification
- Also helpful:
2. Microsoft Office 365 & Email
GSE provides email accounts to full-time faculty and staff at GSE. To establish an email account, you first must have a PennKey and PennKey password. Once you have setup your PennKey, open a help request and ask us to create your Penn email address.
In addition, you have access to PennO365 free of charge. As part of the PennO365 service, you can install the latest version of Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus on up to five (5) personal computers and mobile devices. You also receive access to Microsoft Office Online and 1 TB of storage on OneDrive, Microsoft's cloud data storage and collaboration solution.
- Access your email through the online portal @ portal.office.com
- Download apps & set up mobile devices
- Note: Your O365 password is your PennKey password
3. Get Your Computer
IT will help you to order and configure your computer, walk through accounts setup, and answer any questions you may have. Please open a help request at your convenience.
4. Work Securely
GSE faculty and staff are eligible for the following software free of charge. Using these in combination with two-step verification will help you work and learn more securely. See Penn IT Security for faculty and for staff.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection antivirus, anti-spyware/adware
- LassPass password manager
- University VPN - GlobalProtect is Penn's virtual private network
5. Apps for Learning and Research
GSE faculty and staff have access to a number of teaching, learning, research, and collaboration technologies.
- Log into Canvas @ canvas.upenn.edu | Penn Canvas documentation for faculty, staff, and TAs
- Get fully licensed accounts for a variety of web conference software including Zoom Pro and BlueJeans
- If you're interested in using Padlet for classes, please open a help request.
- Go to teams.microsoft.com to collaborate with colleagues (and/or students)
- Use your Penn email account to log-in to PowerNotes, a research-to-writing application | Video tutorial
- Activate your Qualtrics account
- Visit GSE's Penn Libraries Subject Specialist to learn more about library services
6. LinkedIn Learning
As a Penn faculty or staff member, you have access to the full catalog of LinkedIn Learning video tutorials free of charge. Learn how to maximize your use of about Office 365 or just about any other software or soft-skills!